Fighting Auto Theft with Video Surveillance in PA
Auto theft and auto part theft have spiked nationwide in recent years. The pandemic, a down economy and other factors have led to a widespread vehicle theft problem across the country. Sometimes, thieves make off with entire automobiles; other times, they go after parts that can equate to quick cash at the recycler, like catalytic converters or hubcaps. Fortunately, there are ways for both consumers and commercial property owners to fight against auto theft. Here’s what we recommend.
Use Common Sense
It’s always best to start out with the most common sense measures of prevention. When it comes to fighting auto theft, the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) provides consumers with these strategies:
- Never leave your keys or ignition devices in a parked vehicle.
- Before exiting the car, roll up the windows and lock the doors.
- Park in well-lit areas, both at home and in public.
Use Anti-Theft Devices
Good news: There are more vehicle anti-theft devices on the market now than in the past. The NICB recommends that vehicle owners use these types of devices:
- Visible and audible warning devices, including steering wheel locks and audible alarms.
- Immobilizing devices that prevent cars from being stolen: smart keys, kill switches, fuse cut-offs or fuel-pump disablers.
- Devices that track and recover stolen vehicles, like onboard telematics systems.
Use Video Surveillance
Video surveillance can help PA vehicle owners protect their cars from being stolen, especially during the vulnerable holiday season. For this to happen, commercial property owners should make sure their entire parking areas are properly covered with up-to-date cameras. As an owner or manager at an organization, it’s your responsibility to help your customers shop, dine or conduct other business on your property safely.
As we have said, our video surveillance solutions are designed to address a wide variety of issues; auto theft is certainly one of them.
To discuss your video surveillance options in PA with a knowledgeable security integrator, call Park Security now. We look forward to helping you learn more.
About Park Security Systems
PARK Security Systems is a full-service, locally owned and operated provider of home security in Pennsylvania. PARK Security Systems’ certified expert technicians offer residential and commercial security solutions to our local homes and businesses.
- A More Secure Garage Door in All Seasons - May 23, 2023
- Staying Safe in Stormy Weather - April 6, 2023
- A More Secure Home This Spring - March 24, 2023